Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bai Ling is from another planet...

One of the best things about my morning is listening to Indie 103.1 and hearing some of the interviews with the people they manage to snag. This morning, many of my preconcieved notions were confirmed about the actress/ singer/ freak Bai Ling. Something I didn't expect was to be pleasantly surprised by her presence and her intellect. Bai Ling has been more of a joke to me with her bizarre fashions and laughable singing stint on reality TV, but this interview showed a deeper side of her. She was quite playful and strange as expected, but she spoke wonderfully about her role in the new movie "Southland Tales" from the director Richard Kelly. I have to say, all her "I'm from another planet" speech aside, I really think I like her now. And I was even more enthused to hear that one of my favorite books "Shanghai Baby" has been made into a feature film with her in the main role. She is perfect for this character, and I can't wait to see it. I hear through the grapevine it has yet to get a formal release date here in the US, but I expect it will be Spring of 2008 when we get a chance to see it. The slightly NSFW trailer is below (Partial nudity).

No comments: