Friday, January 18, 2008

A wind came a blowin'

Wednesday night, the wind in LA had picked up and the warmer Santa Ana winds were swirling about my neighborhood. It was electric and charged with warmth that always feels good after its been so cold (by LA standards) for so long. It brought me right back to those warm nights of Burning Man, and just so happened to co-incide with the first day of ticket sales for the event. I need to find a way to swing a ticket asap, cause they just get more expensive each block that sells away, as well as the fact that they are not selling ANY tickets at the gate this year. I better not have that freakout of the potentially lost ticket the night before like I did last time.

As a kid, the Santa Ana winds were always fun to play in at night, running around chasing the dry leaves and pouncing upon them with a hearty CRUNCH! The feeling of these breezes takes me back to the big windstorm Grammy night in the early 1980's when I was watching Whitney Houston perform (I kind of adored her) and the lights went out aafter a large bang from the front yeard. The transformer on our street had blown and the sparks caught our neghbor's lawn on fire. As a kid, it wasn't really scary, as much as a cool free fireworks show. I love the wind.

No comments: